Edward Bach, M.D. was called “the second Hahnemann” 1886-1936 lived to age 50
1917 almost dies from tumor had removed and gets stronger
Worked at Royal London Homeopathic Hospital working on vaccines, bacteria
1930 by then had come up with bowel nosodes.
- Proteus (Nat. Mur.)
- Gaertner (Merc. Sil, Phos)
- Dysentery Co. (Arsenicum)
- Mutabile (Pulsatilla)
- Faecalis (Sepia)
John Paterson (1890-1955, coworker of EB, expanded nosode work after 1929)
- Bacillus #7
- Sycotic Co. (Thuja)
- Morgan –Pure (Sulphur)
- Morgan –Gaertner (Lycopodium)
- Bacillus #10
- Coccal Co.
1930-1935 revealed all 38 remedies Flower remedies.
- Physical Disease is an end result of unhappiness, worry and fears.
- Rescue Remedy@: key ingredient is Rock Rose, and Star of Bethlehem, Cherry Plum, Impatiens,Clematis. Told underlings never to change it at his deathbed.
- Rescue Sleep– is above with White Chestnut.
- Rescue Cream– is 5 in RR with Crab Apple added.
- Rescue for children– contains glycerin not alcohol.
- They also make melts in above which contain glycerin.
- When mixing in a one ounce bottle of spring water add 2 drops of each remedy, or 4 drops of Rescue Remedy. You can mix up to 7 remedies per vial.
- Patient takes 4 drops SL QID or more frequently for at least 2 weeks.
- “Herbs given unto us by the Grace of the Creator of all, in addition take away our fears and worries…use these Gifts of God for the relief and the blessing of those around….”
- “…behind all disease lie our fears, our anxieties, our greed, our likes and dislikes.”
- A new kit costs between 200-$500. Or patients can purchase singles.
- Flowers abbreviations: *The 12 healers- the first ones he first introduced that took care of much suffering. @ An ingredient in Rescue Remedy.
Rock Rose@*- emergencies, accidents, sudden illness, terror, fear, serious.
Mimulus*- Fears of known things, family illness, money, darkness, accidents, etc.
Cherry Plum@- Fear of mind giving way, homicide, suicide, thoughts, impulses.
Aspen– Vague unknown fears- terrified of something, can’t explain it.
Red Chestnut– Worry about a family member or someone around them a lot.
Cerato*-can’t make own decisions seek advice.
Scleranthus*- can’t decide between two things.
Gentian*-discouraged, disheartened, doubtful
Gorse– hopelessness, like when have cancer and think nothing can be done to help them anymore.
Hornbeam– Weak, mental or physical.
Wild Oat– Ambitious to do something prominence in life, want to have much experience, difficult in deciding which path causes delay and dissatisfaction.
Not Sufficient Interest in Present Circumstances Flowers:
Clematis@*- Quiet, dreamy, drowsy, live in future, not happy, look forward to death, etc. “Bach Kids Daydream” formula for ADD.
Honeysuckle– Living in the past.
Wild Rose– Surrendered to struggle of life without complain, resignation, apathy.
Olive– Have suffered so much so weak, exhausted, no more strength, daily life is hard.
White Chestnut– Insomnia from too many ideas, thoughts, arguments.
Mustard– Gloomy, despair, depression, dark cloud, impossible to be happy or cheerful.
Chestnut Bud– Failure to learn from mistakes, learn lessons, make same errors..
Water Violet*- like to be alone in health or illness, quiet, self-reliant, aloof, clever, their calmness and peace is a blessing to those around them.
Impatiens@*- quick in thought or action, anxious to heal, impatient, fast, work alone, rushes.
Heather- dislike being alone, discuss their own affairs a lot.
Over-sensitive to Influences and Ideas Flowers.
Agrimony*-happy people who are upset by distress, hide their cares, may use alcohol, often used in children this remedy.
Centaury*- Serve others at cost of self. Neglect theirselves for others. Case of ND.
Walnut– tempted to be led away by strong convictions of others, protects from outside influences, like INFLUENZA.
Holly-Attacked by Jealous, envy, revenge, suspicious thoughts. Vexation.
Despondency or Despair:
Larch- Lack of Self Confidence, try to succeed but do not make a strong effort. “Bach Kids Confidence” formula for kids.
Pine– Guilty feelings, they could have done better, blame themselves a lot. Case:
Elm- Taken on too much work, overwhelmed with duties.
Sweet Chestnut– Anguish so great, feels mind must give away.
Star of Bethlehem@- Past or present shocks, old or new, fright after an accident, very common used. I put in almost all mixtures.
Willow- Resentment, difficult to accept suffering, embittered.
Oak- Exhausted but struggles on, brave people, without loss of hope.
Crab Apple– for those patients that feel they are off, imperfect, polluted, toxic, unclean, poisoned: purifies wounds on skin, etc.
Over-Care for welfare of others Flowers:
Chicory*- care a lot for others, want others to be near them.
Vervain*- fixed ideas and principles, want to convert others around them, strong willed, struggle on long in illness.
Vine– Very certain, confident of success, they think others should do things like them.
Beech– feel the need to see more good and beauty in all that surrounds them.
Rock Water– Strict living, deny themselves, hard masters. Arthritis? Comes from a rocky water spring.
Flower Remedies vs. Classical Homeopathy
- A specialized branch of herbal medicine, not homeopathic, but is this really true?
- Comes from Flowers (vital and seed-bearing portion), except Rock Water.
- Only nonpoisonous plants unlike homeopathic remedies
- Focused more on moods
- No succussion needed in making them.
- No dilution needed.
- Made by putting in spring water and putting in the sun for the flowers and boiling the bark for the trees. http://www.edwardbach.org/Library/LifeForces/Chapter12.htm
- Are to be taken at least 4 times per day for some weeks or more.
- Have no real aggravation, seem to be safe in sensitive patients.
- Offer us a greater materia medica when thinking of patients beyond remedies like Natrum Muriaticum or Aurum Metallicum.
- Can be mixed and given upto seven remedies at once, because of overlap and not being sure.
- Bach went from studying bacteria to flowers, spring water and sunlight in his life journey, from a bacteria inside your intestine, to how you really think about your life.
A short case: 75 year old lady always, always, always spoke about her dead son, always crying about it, never able to let the son (who died of drugs, etc.) go. I gave her, Honeysuckle and I heard she stopped talking about him all the time.